Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Writer's Block

I have some sleep under my belt, so you'd think that I wouldn't have a problem with this, but I do. And it is not just for my personal blog. Nope. It's all encompassing right now. I just cannot focus and write to save myself. I hate when this happens.

It took me 2 days to write about 450 words for a professional blog I do. I get paid for this, which you'd think would be motivating in and of itself. And they'll pay me to do several a week. At this rate, I might make enough for my car insurance by May.

Worse yet, my primary client wants me to write a bunch of "how to" type stuff. Basically, for thinks like Facebook and Twitter and that sort of thing. About 1000 words each. I looked at it and salivated. This is good stuff in my world. And yet...nada, zip, zilch.

Plus, on Monday I start a technical writing job (it's about 2 weeks long and looks like fun). So I have a few days to pry my brain from my nether regions, so I can do a good job.

You'd think that now that I am sleeping a bit more, my brain would be overflowing.

Not so much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope that your block gets chipped away ...YEAH for SLEEP!