Friday, January 29, 2010

Leave it to Xander

My parents have been vacationing for 2 weeks every winter in Cuba for a long time now. Longer than Xander has been alive, in fact. When Liam was born two years ago, they were vacationing in Cuba. And they always come here for a few days before going, then stay a week or so with us on their way back. We can count on it like the ebb and flow of the seasons.

I've teased them that there are many places in the world and they out to think about branching out.

But tonight it was Xander who made the point much more effectively than any of us. He was chatting at the dinner table and said, "Some day, we can go and visit Nanny and Grandpa at their house...in Cuba."

Ray and I laughed so hard that I had to call my Mom later and tell her about it. She laughed too. She says, "Just one more year." Uh huh. Where have I heard that before? I wouldn't bet the bank on that one.

No comments: