Thursday, May 21, 2009

Childhood Won't Wait

Last night I was getting a few fixings for a late dinner with Ray (he had the kids and I had worked that evening) and I stopped to get a bottle of wine. The gentleman who was working the wine shop and I got to talking about the weather, which has been fabulous. He was telling me he'd spent a good deal of time in the garden that day. I was a little jealous, since my garden is in need of attention and I love to dig and plant.

I was also talking to another mom at preschool the same day. I mentioned that more than sleep, which is at a premium this week since both the kids are sick, I would love to have a week to finish all of the little projects that haunt me and my house.

Here are a few things that are on my list:
  • Mow the lawn
  • Attach the rose bush too the trellis...again!
  • Finish sorting through the baby/toddler clothing
  • Finish getting my names and addresses into one phone book
  • Plant my flowers, beans, and tomato plants
The list just goes on and on, but you get the idea.

The thing is that my kids are little, which hampers progress right off the bat. Sometimes I can get them to help with some of it, and that can be fun or hell, depending on the day. But most of the time they want to run around, bike ride, go to the park, snuggle, read, paint, put hats on and be silly...

and I realize that this will not wait. And then I will have a nicer garden and my house will be organized again.

Childhood will be over before I know it.

1 comment:

T- said...

Children definitely will not wait. They grow up so fast it is astounding. Make the most of every minute!