Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back to Running

It's been 2.5 weeks since the half marathon, and I have been off running. The first week and a half, it was driving me batty. Then I settled into the sedentary life. I lack a specific goal, so it was easy to say "tomorrow". Also, I was injured.

Well, my wonderful massage therapist, Sarah, fixed me up. It was painful, but worth it. So I was massaged and I rested. Last weekend I was cleared to run again. Slowly and gently, but I could.

And I wiled away the time with household projects, work, and gardening. No running. Sometime around Tuesday I became aware of the nagging thought that I should be running. It's been a while. But I also had one heck of a headache this week, so a few more days passed.

This morning I got up and was determined that this would be the day. So I ran 5k this morning and then did my Runner's Core DVD. And I feel great! No pain at all.

Plus, I looked good in my new running capris! (Hey, a girl needs priorities.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! Way to go Laura :)