Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Wisdom in the Snow

Last night we had enough snow to shovel. Ray is wonderful in so many ways, but outdoor work is not high on his list of priorities. Xander loves to go outside and use his shovel, so I put Liam down for a nap and the two of us went at the snow. Along the way, Xander had a handful of comments:

"We shovel the snow so that the squirrels can't pee on it."

"I'm shoveling the snow into the tree. The tree needs more snow." (He really was doing just that!)

"Mommy, does dirt hurt to eat?"

"Here Mom...you need more snow on your side." (As he dumps more snow right in front of me.)

These tidbits made me laugh, but I also had moments of pondering what really goes on in the head of a 3.5 year old.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CUTE!

He's quite a character.