Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time


I've been having moments where I realize just how fast time is passing. Sunday I ran my last long run before the 1/2 marathon: Mother's Day is less than 2 weeks away. I can't believe I am running that race so soon. It seemed like months away not so long ago.

Xander is so big these days. I was going through his clothes and he just keeps growing. Soon he will be taller than I am. Not yet, thankfully, but sooner than I can imagine. He can still jump up into my arms and wrap his legs around my waist and arms around my neck, so I can carry him. And I am valuing that these days. It won't be long before this has passed us by. He's also going to school in the Fall. Preschool is almost over. Where did that time go.

Also, I was invited to my very first Mother's Day Tea, courtesy of the preschool. It is a special event just for the moms and kids. So sweet. And it feels like I have not been a mother for that long, but suddenly he is almost 4.

Speaking of 4...all of the babies born around the same time as Xander are turning 4. Shocking. Plain shocking. Time passes by and I hardly notice how long it has been.

And what about Liam, who is already 14 months. I keep thinking the snow storm he was born in was yesterday. Soon he is going to walk and talk. Then I will want him to sit and be quiet. It's the way of things. But time is passing for him too. He's growing tall, but I was holding him today as he snuggled into my neck and saw our reflection in the mirror. He's still little enough to hold with one arm. That won't last: time will speed by and he will be too big.

I look at Ray and realize we've been together over 14 years now and married almost 10 (in September), which hardly seems possible. I still think we are in our early 20s. Time went fast there too.

Ah, but life is pretty good and I am going to enjoy what I have during this time.

No comments: