Thursday, April 23, 2009

Despite the Exhaustion...

I've had a good day.

I have worked hard this week and managed to write a number of articles. More than my monthly average has been lately. And I have played hard with my children.

Today a friend came with her three kids and we had lunch and ran the kids in our yard. Sometimes I forget what a blessing that yard is, but on days like this, I remember why we bought the place: the backyard is like having our own private park. The kids had fun. Liam learned to crawl backwards down the hill, which was a giggle for me. And it was sunny and warm. How do you not love that?

Later in the afternoon, another friend called and asked what we were doing tonight. So I skipped my spin class to hang out with my friend and my family. We had dinner and talked. After dinner, we went outside and together we planted our little window experiment (broccoli, green beans, and tomatoes from seeds) into larger containers. There is a month to go until we can plant them outside. Xander thinks this experiment is a blast.

The kids went to bed with minimal fuss. And we sat around and talked about running, kids, crocheting, and other little bits.

It was a nice, nice day.

I'll just leave with some cute pictures of Liam:



There would be pictures of Xander too, but he is too fast and has spend time proving he is fast by zooming around the yard.

Oh...and I have officially signed up for the 1/2 Marathon in Mississauga on May 10th.

1 comment:

T- said...

Good luck with the 1/2 marathon.

Congrats on a great day!