Saturday, January 08, 2011

Makin' Changes

Often the first blog of a new year is about changes and resolutions. I started a bit earlier this year. I started almost two weeks before Christmas. I joined Weight Watchers again (I'm a fallen lifetimer) and got a gym membership.

I keep telling myself that I will run from home and work out and and and... Yeah, that's not working so great. I have to admit to myself that I am not running very much lately. My desire is still there, but my confidence lacks and my hip is still sore sometimes. And not running quickly equals weight gain. Nice, considering I hadn't lost all of the weight I gained with Liam (who will be three come the end of February, so I have to start to claim that now as my own fat rather than baby fat). I'm still working on going to the gym as regularly as I aim to go, but my rather good excuse (hee hee) is that we had Christmas and NYE and visitors in there for 5 days. So I am impressed that I went at all. It's a journey, not an overnight change.

Weight Watchers has changed their plan. I like it. The last few versions left me hungry all the time. Did I mention I was hungry. Every single moment of the day. Did I? Well, that's no way to be successful. I didn't lose weight and I hated it and I dropped out and went back and dropped out and...not a great cycle. The new plan rocks. Lots of fruits and veggies, decent amounts of protein, and not impossible to get some carbs in too. It's a good balance. It's the balance that good athletes use (yeah, not me, because I'm not doing the athletic thing these days, but I will be there again). And I love it. Plus, this is the kind of eating I did do for ages and ages. It feels a lot like being guided BACK to where I want to be.

I'm down 5 lbs in the first 3 weeks too. And going strong. This, my friends, is not a resolution. This is a change and a mighty good one. My body agrees. Everyone is happy.

Work is on hold right now. No contracts being waved around. I'm trying to be patient about that, because I know that there will be more coming.

We're doing clean outs around here. Also started before Christmas.

Oh, and the biggest change yet: Liam can now sit through a whole movie. We took the boys to see "Yogi Bear" in 3D last night and they both sat quietly and were entertained mightily for one hour and 23 minutes. Bliss!

No comments: