Monday, January 10, 2011

Threads of Thoughts

I've heard the program before, but was in love with "The Next Chapter" on CBC Radio with Shelagh Rogers today. I'm contemplating downloading some of the podcasts and listening to them when I need inspiration.

Lately, I've thought a lot about getting my teaching certificate, so I can teach high school English. I loved lots of things about teaching, when I did it for the year in Korea. And I adore everything to do with reading and writing. Plus, I am a real interactive type of person. You'd think that this would be the perfect career for me, but teaching was ridiculous to get into 15 years ago or so, when I graduated from university. So I didn't.

I miss the reading and writing part more than the teaching. Hmmm. Other avenues for that.

I've been making efforts to talk to and be with my creative friends. It's what I know. And my brain feels SO MUCH better for it. I feel human again.

Write what you know, would mean a big, loud Polish family. Lots of travel. Lots of reading. And running for good measure.

One of Shelagh's guests today was talking about a lack of identity. I don't lack identity, but it was a good thought exercise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You would make a GREAT teacher!