Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Failures of the Fairy

It's not actually the tooth fairy's fault, but she is the first to come under the scrutiny of my oldest son. He's unsure if she exists and will tell you one day for certain that she doesn't and the next day he comes up with an idea on how to prove it one way or another.

Truth be told, I am a little bit proud.

The big problem is that there is no consistent story about this little lady. Why does she take those teeth? (Ray has declared that she grinds them up to use as fairy dust.) And what should she bring? Money? Toys? Most parents seem to lean toward money, but then we are all over the place for the amount of money.

Today, I heard one that surprised me, apparently one of my son's buddies gets the money AND to keep the tooth!

No wonder the tooth fairy is under suspicion.

No comments: