Thursday, October 28, 2010

Picture Input

I have a load of pictures from our summer vacation. I put a load of them on Facebook, so if you are my "friend" there, then feel free to take a look. Not long after our beautiful summer vacation in New Brunswick (we drove there and back and spent a day in PEI too), I bought a picture frame to put a few pictures in and hang on our fireplace.

My only problem is picking pictures.

I want these two for sure:

Our feet on Cavendish beach. Liam a bit reluctant to play along.
Xander and Liam at Hopewell Rocks, NB...walking the ocean floor!
Now, the big catch is I have 2 spots for landscape photos and 2 for portraits. Here are my other choices:

Hopewell Rocks: Xander muddy, Liam touches the ocean for the first time, and Xander in the ocean for the first time.

Cavendish Beach: Liam and two of Xander in the sand.



Miscellaneous: by a lighthouse and then malarky in the park.

Give me some feedback, please. And some reasoning. Remember to choose one landscape and one portrait photo.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm no help on the picking. They're all cute! However, I did want to say that when I've had to pick a certain orientation but the picture I wanted didn't fit, sometimes I've been able to crop it to the correct orientation, depending on the original composition.

Unknown said...

My votes:

Xander in the ocean for the first time and I LOVE all 4 of the ones by the lighthouse!

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous photos =D

I would pick:

Daddy with Liam, checking out the ocean.

Mommy with Xander and that cheesy grin of his.

From an artistic perspective, they aren't necessarily my favourites, but as mementos of a family vacation they definitely are. I like the parent/child symmetry of those two shots, which not only ensures you have a good shot of everybody in your frame, but also captures the love, connection, and "family time" that vacation memories center around.