Liam is turning a year old. He's my little leap year baby, so we get to pretend he has a day three years running and have a big bash every fourth year.
I am not sure how we got from this:
But here we are!
At one year old Liam:
- Whistles as he "works". He crawls around or cruises around doing his toddler-ish errands and puckers his lips to whistle. It's cute.
- Cries so much less than he used to. We've figured out that Zantac is indeed our friend.
- Signs more and all done.
- Says "Mom mom mom mom mom", but only when he is really ticked off.
- Laughs a lot.
- Thinks his big brother is wonderful!
- Can eat everything but milk products.
- Is pretty easy going, when he is not after something. (Often the something is Mommy's computer or mouse.)
- Can go up and down the stairs.
- Crawls, cruises the walls and furniture, and is taking the odd step and occasionally stands without holding on.
- Sleeps in his own bed most of the time. At last! Also goes to bed without much fuss.
- Loves to play peek-a-boo and will hide himself in blankets and even his bib to do it back to us.
- Chugs the rice milk in his sippy like a beer-swilling barfly.
- Thinks crackers are the perfect food.
- Pulls books off the book shelves at every opportunity. Sometimes these are for chewing and other times to sit and "read".
- Likes to go off and play by himself, but comes back to check on Mommy and Daddy at intervals.
Happy Birthday Sweet Liam!!!